The New and Improved 31 Day Challenge!


When it comes to self discovery, everything should be personalized to fit your needs, especially your prompts. Therefore, I have ditched the old 31 Day Blog Challenge and created my own. Some of the prompts I made up, some are mixed and matched from various other blogs. I tried to keep in mind that this is a challenge after all, and thus picked prompts that were appealing and thought provoking.

If you are interested in following this challenge, I understand seeing prompts you cannot relate to. Luckily, all can be adjusted easily. For instance, you may not be a fan of amusement parks. Instead, write about your favorite spots to spend a weekend or vacation. You could even design your own amusement park, centered around you. Kinda like Dollywood but with less hairspray.

For day nine, I will be using either The Story Shack or Plot Generator.

Some tips if you're looking to start a blog 

  • Don't get too caught up in how your blog looks. Write first, design later. 
  • Give your blog a meaningful name that also inspires you.
  • Decide if you want an audience. Initially, I recommend writing purely for yourself and then branch out when you are ready. Maybe you could even share with a few close friends and family members to boost your confidence. (Thanks, mom!)
  • Don't take the prompts too literally. Let the prompts work for you.
  • Remember that the blog is for your benefit. Too many blogs get caught up in monetizing, but selling ad space should be an afterthought. I do not intend on making any money off of my blog, but I love it nonetheless. I never even expected to get views, but it was an added bonus. 
  • Write your post the night before and schedule it to post the next day. Therefore, you don't have to worry about being at your computer to keep a steady content stream. 
  • Start a Pinterest board dedicated to you blog. There, you can keep prompts, pictures, other blogs' posts and anything that inspires you to write. 
  • You don't have to sacrifice a lot of time to start a blog. An hour a day is plenty to jump start your blogging career. 
I look forward to seeing your new blog! If you don't feel like making a commitment to a blog, feel free to leave your responses to the prompts in the comments. I will see you all again on Monday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge and My Challenge to You!

Day 5 of 31 Day Blog Challenge: Separating Guilt from Pleasure

Day 4 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge and a New Challenge for You!