Day 2 of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge and My Challenge to You!


I'm going to be honest with you. I don't feel like doing this tonight. That's why I'm glad I did this challenge. Accountability is key! Make sure to participate with me in the comments! My challenge for you is below.

So here is 20 facts about me...

1) I am an unashamed country music fan. I have yet to get into today's country but I can sing 80s and 90s classics with you all day.

As a country music fan, I love Nashville. This was taken before a Garth Brooks concert!

2) I was very involved in high school. I loved joining clubs and attending school events. I was a bass drum and saxophone player, a techie in drama, and a lock in rugby. I also presided over the Tri-M Musical Honors Society. I am not embarrassed to say I miss high school and the fulfillment of my days.

Here I am on the rugby field with two amazing players.
Both of these girls play collegiate rugby now!

3) For a short time in high school I dabbled in Crossfit. I loved it more than any sport I have ever participated in. If it wasn't so expensive, I would be in it today. For now, I just watch the yearly Crossfit Games and engulf myself in the athletes' lives.

4) Brownies are my favorite dessert.

5) I'm left handed.

6) I know what a xoloitzcuintl is.

7) I rocked a pixie cut for many years. Often, in my dreams, I still have it. It's so weird.

8) My nickname is still Toast. I would like to say I left that persona in high school but my Snapchat username is ToasterOvens. As you all know, you can't change your Snapchat username...

9) I have been a vegetarian for two years! This is an important issue to me and I hope to make some blog posts regarding my journey.

10) Speaking of diets, I was overweight in middle school. I am nowhere near perfect now, but I lost a lot of weight and gave my lifestyle a complete redo. I let myself slack a bit during my drama filled senior year, but I am working towards being happy in my skin again.

11) Today, I almost cried about this calf.

I mean, look at this little man. Credit

12) As much as I would like to change it, I'm a night owl.

13) My family and I hosted two foreign exchange students from Norway. Not a day goes by that I do not miss the people who I met through this program. 

Me and Kristin, a Norwegian foreign exchange student after a hike in Oslo.
I will never forget this trip thanks to the amazing family that made it possible.

14) I am the proud mother to a rescue chihuahua named Goldie.

No matter how hard we try, we can never capture Goldie's personality on camera. 

15) I struggle on a daily basis with depression and anxiety. I was hit harder than I could have imagined recently and am still crawling my way out. This issue runs deep in my family and I hope to bring light to it through my blog.

16) My dream is to one day own a couple of acres of land with a cute farmhouse. All I need is somewhere for my future dogs to explore. 

One of the reasons I love Tennessee is that I always have a good barn to look at while I run.

17) I'm currently binge reading the Walt Longmire Mysteries

18) Speaking of books, I'm going to write one someday. You watch. 

19) I'm currently going through a "phase" where I want to renovate houses and build my own furniture. Recently, my dad and I gave a desk and a dining room table a face-lift. This week we are constructing two benches to match the table. I'll make a post regarding this when it's finished!

20) I'm a major introvert. If I push you away, it is entirely by accident. I rarely dislike anyone. 

My challenge to you: Leave five facts about yourself in the comments! Try to think of something beyond your career/college major or basic facts I could get off your Twitter bio. I can't wait to get to know you!



Comments

  1. 1. I also struggle with depression and anxiety. A whole year strong into recovery, though! It gets better!
    2. I am also a rescue mom to a darling mutt named June and a fat cat named Ivan. I'm honestly not sure where I'd be without them.
    3. My favorite food is pizza with sundried tomatoes and pineapple. I can't change it no matter how hard I try.
    4. I've been vegetarian for a month, and I hope to actually stick to it this time. (Time for a lifestyle change myself.)
    5. I'm very blessed with the most genuine people I've ever known, and one of my closest friends is you!!
    I'm so proud of you for blogging your journey of self-discovery, and I am excited to watch your growth!
    Love, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am a professional drink mixer. Or, at least I should be.
    2. I just took up olympic handball again, so I do two sports in college. I find it really hard to keep up with my double major and trainings, but I am having so much fun with the two teams and I wouldn't switch it out for anything.
    3. I actually live off of Kinder Pingui and stir fry.
    4. I got a really weird accent that my roommate loves to make fun of. A solid mix between Norwegian, American and Irish, what else could you ever wish for?
    5. I actually think about Tennessee every single day, no joke. All thanks to you and your family who gave me a second home to miss. I really hope to see yous again soon!

    Love from your sister Krissy<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 of 31 Day Blog Challenge: Separating Guilt from Pleasure

Day 4 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge and a New Challenge for You!