31 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 1



Happy Sunday everyone! I'm new to blogging but have been enjoying the writing that goes into it. I doubt I will get many, if any readers, but I see it as a way to build my talent and my writing portfolio. Also, why not?

I wanted to write more than just my weekly horseback riding experience so I turned to the center of creativity, Pinterest. There, I found this handy challenge courtesy of Honey I'm Holmes. I'll edit the days to fit my needs.

Day 1:

If you're reading this, you probably already know me (Hi, mom and dad!), but I feel one of the excitements of life is getting to know yourself. In our perception, we are another person than what the world sees. Sometimes we overly enhance our strengths or are in denial of our weaknesses. Other times, we under appreciate what can empower us beyond our fears. Therefore, as I move through these 31 days, I encourage you to answer these questions yourself, whether it be on paper or in meditation. Perhaps, through time, your own perception will become more authentic.

The thirty-one days will pass. You might as well fulfill them.

Let's start with the basics. My name is Madeline Lynnette Neyenhaus. I was born in Owensboro, KY in 1998 to two amazing parents. Together, we grew and learned. In my life, I have known the meaning of "temporary" all too well. My family has been my constant.

I dug in the dirt on the softball fields of Indiana, binge watched TV in Wisconsin and fell in love with country music in Tennessee. I am eternally grateful for the turn of fate that allowed me to live in these three beautiful states, and I'm always ready to add to the list. 

Now, at 20 years old, I am a student at East Tennessee State University. As much as I struggle in college, a piece of me will always be nestled in between the mountains of Johnson City. Thanks to the amazing academics of this university, I am fortunate enough to be double majoring in both Finance and English. Please don't ask me what I plan to do after college. For now, I strive to be my best self, whoever she may be.

Downtown Johnson City, Tennessee with thanks to the Johnson City Press
People often ask "What do you do outside of school?" Fortunately, I consider my English studies to be a hobby of mine. Nothing is more fascinating to me than Romantic Era British authors and poets. To an extent, I would say I even consider my business classes to be enjoyable with the exception of "Quantitative Methods of Business," aka "Useless Calculus". 

When class is over for the day and I'm not completely overwhelmed by homework, I head to the CPA, my university's amazing fitness facility. I have never been a fan of cardio so I focus on increasing muscle mass before doing HIIT exercises to burn fat. I hope to start a series of blog posts outlining my fitness journey later on. 

My passion for dogs is perhaps my most obvious aspect. This blog is even named in honor of my rescue chihuahua Goldie in which I will elaborate on come Tuesday. In the summer, I work for a doggie daycare, Wagg-N-Purr Retreat where I am in my element. Perhaps I will also begin a dog facts series...
Goldstar with her signature tear stains.
As you know, on Wednesday nights I take horseback riding lessons. I have fallen in love with seeing the world from the back of horse. The class is offered through my university but taught through an independent instructor, Chrystal Crispin. For more information, click this link. I live for Wednesdays and cannot wait to further my equestrian understanding.  

I thank you for joining me on this journey and look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge and My Challenge to You!

Day 5 of 31 Day Blog Challenge: Separating Guilt from Pleasure

Day 4 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge and a New Challenge for You!